Monday, April 8, 2013

Here we go...


About three years after Matt and I got married I had lost about 20 lbs and reached my all-time lowest weight since probably middle school, lol. Like most newly-weds I had gained a few extra lbs and was determined to lose the weight. I started eating better and less but mostly just exercising like crazy. I worked my butt off and it showed. I felt awesome, clothes fit better then ever before, and I was proud of myself...


May 2009 - My all-time lowest 

About a year and a half later that all changed. I found out I was pregnant with my first child in the summer of 2010 and with any pregnancy I gained weight...a lot of weight. Gaining weight while pregnant is not a bad thing, in fact it's healthy. What's not healthy is eating whatever you want...but hey if you aren't worried about weight why not right? After I had Abby I had every intention on losing all the pregnancy weight and getting back in shape...well let's just say it didn't happen. I tried but to be honest not very hard. I got use to being lazy and though I did loose a little of my pregnancy weight I was still easily 20 lbs heavier then my all-time lowest by the time I got pregnant with Liam in the summer of 2012. I tried to be healthier this time around and exercise more often but that silly little lazy-bug got me again and now that I have had Liam I am more then 30 lbs heavier then my all-time lowest in 2009. 


March 2013 - My all-time heaviest

That's all gonna change! I am determined to get back in shape and feel better abut myself. With help from my cousin DeAnn who is a personal trainer I know I can do it! I know it wont be easy, it will probably be the hardest thing I do, but I know I am capable of extraordinary things. No more sweets every night after dinner, no more eating whatever I want without consequence, no more sitting on my butt when I could be exercising. I have decided to make these healthy choice rules:
  1. No more sweets except on 'Sweet Sunday'. Sweets really are my ultimate weakness. I can't stop at one and I give in so easily. When I was at my lowest I made this same rule and stuck by it. I know I can do it again!
  2. No eating after 8pm. I do this one for two reasons. The first is that I have always heard that it's really hard for your body to metabolize food late at night and it just sits in your stomach. The second reason is because I am kind of a munch-gut at night. If I make a strict rule to not eat after 8pm then I think I will eat less overall.
  3. At least 8 cups of water every day. Drinking water flushes out toxins in your body and you can actually lose more weight. Plus water is 0 calories!
  4. Exercise at the minimum of 30 mins, 5 times a week. It's actually been really nice because my cousin DeAnn watches Abby and Liam while I work so when I go to pick them up I exercise for 30 minutes while I wait for Matt. I also try to go for a walk or walk the stairs at my work during my break for extra cardio.
  5. Track food on myfitnesspal.com. My cousin referred me to this really cool website where you enter your weight-loss goal and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating every day to reach it. You then enter the food you eat and it will keep track of the calories so you can make sure you don't over or under eat to reach your weight loss goal. You can also enter your exercise which will give you more calories for the day. It's super easy and convenient because I have the app on my phone so wherever I am I can enter my food and exercise and make sure I am staying on target.
Like I said I know it wont be easy but it will be worth it! I will keep this blog updated on how I am doing and hopefully in a few months I will be able to post a new photo of a much healthier and lighter me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment